Meina – the first Digital Nomad Town in the world, a point of reference for everyone who is free to work remotely, who lives the traveling lifestyle, moving every 2 to 4 months or stays even longer in a place.
Meina – a place to live and work, to develop new work opportunities, interesting cultural exchange, new friendships and active collaboration with the local community for a sustainable development.
How to get here
Meina is located 30 minutes by car/40 minutes by bus form Milan Malpensa Airport which is reachable with different low costs airlines. A bus service Alibus to and from the airport is available. From Bergamo Airport you will be here in a couple of hours. From Milan Malpensa Airport it will cost you 7 Euros per person + 5 Euros for the luggage. If you have a bike it will cost 20 Euros. You can find the tie table and more info by clicking on the button below. Make sure you reserve your bus online before arrival as it is not a bus you can take without a reservation.
Meina is a small town, that is welcoming to new people and tourists. In the last 5 years new accommodation facilities have been opened. It’s an ideal place to relax and focus, realise new projects and work from your apartment, the piazza or nature. This is the right environment to plug into the existing local community and create a new one involving young people and Digital Nomads. Historic and tourist attractions are easily reachable by train, bus or car. Meina is also famous for the sailing centre and a Stand Up Paddle club.
Piedmont, to be more precise Lago Maggiore, is a territory for nature lovers, people who love stunning lakesides and hills that are the framed by amazing stories and places of incredible charm and spirituality. All of this within a few kilometres form Malpensa Airport and Milan.
Meina Innovation Hub
Meina Innovation Hub from the digi TECA in partnership with the Comune di Meina are developing new activities to promote culture and get involved with the primary segments of the population, young and retired people, in order to get them to become more active.
Co-Working and conferences
Furthermore, in April 2019 a new facility has been opened: the “Canton Balin” library and conference centre, existing of a library (online and offline), a co-working and co-studying space, a conference room and a re-creative area.
The territory offers different organic food: wine, cheese, rice and other high quality agricultural products. Moreover it is still possible to see handicraft production of wood, wine, cheese and bakery.
Something to do all year round
The weather is amazing all year, in the winter it is mild and the mountains that invite you to ski are only one hour by car. The summer is ideal to sunbathe and walk in the wood.
A few stats
- Internet Co-working space: 19 PING MS, Download Mps 72.22, Upload Mps 18.11
- Average temperature: 17 degrees spring, 28 degrees summer, 18 degrees autumn, 6 degrees winter
- Next hospital: Borgomanero (16km from Meina), First Aid: Arona (5km from Meina), doctors on call at night and on the weekend in Arona for home visits
- Costs for food shopping every month (no alcohol included): approx. 250 Euros per person
- Food: local, organic, seasonal food available
- Safety: very safe
- Walkability: Very good, in town everything is easily reachable by foot, the lake and beaches are just across the street, Train station is 5 minuets walk from the Co-Working space, Bus stop is at the end of the street (1 min walk from Co-Working space)
- A/C heating in Co-Living space: No A/C (rooms are comfortable temperature during the summer); heating available
- English speaking: host is fluent in English, community in Meina – shops and activity people are comfortable speaking English, some people of the community understand English